Friday, July 11, 2008

NCA Cheerleading Camp

Kara went to her very first sleepover camp this week. It was at Husson College in Bangor, which happens to be the very college both Paul and I graduated from. It was a little strange returning to the old Alma mart er. Alot of it looked the same buut it has grown to be alot larger school from when we graduated. This fall they are receiving University status so the name will change to Husson University.

It was one of the hottest weeks and very humid. On Thursday I went to pick her up and got to watch the final evaluations and awards ceremony. The girls did great......they won the Spirit Award for the whole week(the trophy is the megaphone) and then they also won first place for top game day cheer. Kara said she had a great time but she is very tired, which she has all rights to be...I went to the same camp when I was in high school and I remember all to well how hard it is. Most of the girls there were in junior high, making them 12-14 years old, most of Kara's team were between the ages of 6-9. That's quite a difference when you are trying to keep up.










1 comment:

Southworth Crew said...

I still can't belive that she is so awsome at cherring. I can't wait to see!