Saturday, January 3, 2009

Project 365 - Day 3


Today Kara and I had alot of one on one time. One of our stops today was to Borders to look at books....she wanted a new one to read and so I thought I would pick a book also. For those of you who don't know I don't think I have read a book from front to back since I had Kara more then 9 years ago. Every time I try to pick a book up someone needs me to find a toy, help them go to the bathroom, yells that they are hungry....and when everyone is sleeping and the house is peaceful I will pick up the book again and in about 10 minutes in I am falling asleep. This had never happened before...I was an avid reader back in the day before kids. So one of my goals for this new year is to read at least one book....I know don't set the standard to high but it hasn't looked good the last 9 years....maybe that's why I have so many magazine subscriptions?
So I choose Marley & Me by John Grogan and the best part is that Kara wants to read it with me and then watch the movie. I hope she doesn't finish it first....

2 comments:

Southworth Crew said...

Jen that is great. Read on girl

Spindler Clan said...

Loved the book but have the tissues handy! I really want to see the movie! Make sure you post a blog entry on what you guys thought of the book! I am thinking I might read it to Keaton but want to see what Kara thinks of it first since she is a bit older. We have all the Marley childrens books and the boys laugh hysterically at them.