Saturday, March 14, 2009

Accomplished

For a New Years resolutions I said I was going to try and read a book, I know does not sound like a huge resolution but I have been unable to finish a book since Kara was a baby. And remembering back that far ago I did enjoy reading but with the joys of motherhood comes the tiredness and everytime I picked up a book it lulled me to sleep no matter what the content. I have done it and not once but twice already this year....I read Marley and Me...was a good book and easy read...have yet to see the movie, that's on my to-do list. Next I picked up a short book for our vacation, The Reader, it to was made into a movie with Kate Winslett...haven't seen that either.I have finsihed both books and surpisingly didn't take me all year to do so. On to my next great find....Twilight. It is a AWESOME! Half way through this 500 pager in less then two days....movie comes out on DVD on March 20th and I am sure to have it completed by then but no sure I will watch the movie right away although others have said it stays very true to the book. Twilight is only the first of a series of books so I may accomplish much more then I ever expected this year.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

good for you, Jen! I wish I had more time to read. :(

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

I just started reading Twilight and I'm halfway through it. Gotta say...it hasn't captured me yet. Everyone's telling me to keep reading...it takes awhile. I hope so. Otherwise, I'll be the only one in history who doesn't like the book.