Saturday, September 19, 2009

Double Digits

Look who is now in the double digits......Kara turned 10 today.
So 10 must be the age when you are finally excited again to get clothes for your birthday.....she had requested an IPOD Touch but I was banning all technology for this years birthdays.
Instead we got her these super cool and super cute UGGS and boy was she happy that we did...it was a total surprise to her....I love it when that happens.
And yes even when you are turning 10 it is still cool to give your baby brother a hug.....I don't think that will be for long.
For Kara's birthday she asked to invite a few friends to the movies, we saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in IMAX and 3D...it was a super cool movie and all the kids and parents enjoyed it. The thing I liked the best was that I didn't have to clean my house or keep the kids entertained or provide food or cake. Everyone got a drink, popcorn and candy at the theater, we opened presents right in the lobby after the movie was done and then said good bye from there. I didn't spend anymore money then I would have for an at home party and it was alot less stress and I am all for stress free birthday parties these days.
Happy 10th Birthday Kara! Here is to another great year for watching you learn and make special memories.....Love you!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin said...

OMG! Kara is 10??? Wish her a happy birthday for us :)

Benga said...

She is such a beauty!

Elizabeth said...

Seriously, how is she 10??? Happy birthday beautiful Kara!