Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baby its cold outside

Last week my computer decided that it was tired and it could no longer work for me...it needed to go to the computer graveyard. I went out and purchased a brand new laptop and I am loving it but am slow in loading my files onto it or the programs I need to do so. When I do hopefully there will be pictures to share for those days that I actually do remember to bring my camera and here is the kicker...use it!
This past weekend we went up to camp for the first time this winter. The kids had a great time out on the frozen lake...it was like glass thanks to the massive melting and then rain we got after the fact. It was in the plan to ice fish as well but well that backfired when the auger decided not to work. No hole, no ice fishing. We invited family to join us for the fun and to also celebrate my mother in laws birthday....Happy Birthday Edna! It was a blast, will do again before the end of the season.
Today Kara had an orthodontist appointment to go over her orthodontic plan. The good news, well there was no good news...the bad news, she will have both upper and lowers braces for at least two years, she will also get springs attached to her braces about 6 months in to hold her jaw in place and nodules put on her bottom teeth so that she doesn't bite the bottom braces off. She will have wires attached to the top and bottom front teeth to act as a retainer and that will stay on for about 5 years...she will then change to a retainer that you can take out and will need to use that for....well...the rest of her life. UGH!!!! And of course on top of that....the BILL! Boy are my parents lucky that I didn't have braces, but then again maybe that's why none of my brothers and sisters had braces even though they may have needed them :-)
The kids are on school vacation in a couple weeks and I have still have not had the time to plan anything.....I would love to be able to get out of dodge and head to a warm tropical climate but doesn't look like its in the cards for us this month...maybe April. As I am sure you all heard that there is 6 more weeks of winter...well I live in Maine so that was pretty much a given no matter what that furry rodent saw. Happy Groundhog Day!

No comments: